Choose the team channels you want to copy from teams to teams.
- The Azure ShareGate Desktop application is consented on your tenant.
- You have global admin or SharePoint admin permissions.
- You also have team admin permissions if you do not have global admin permissions.
- You have a valid Teams license for the source and destination.
- You have logged into Teams at least once (in browser or in the Teams app) to have access to the hosted content.
- Click Copy in the menu at the left.
- Click Copy teams.
- Select your source tenant in the left corner if it's already connected.
- If your source tenant is not already connected, click No connections then +Add connection. For more information, see Connect to SharePoint and Microsoft 365.
- If you want to copy all the channels of a team, add a checkmark to the box at the left of the team's icon.
- If you want to select specific channel(s) within a team, click the arrow symbol at the left of the team's icon to expand the list.
Note: You can select multiple teams and specific channels to copy. You will be able to determine where you want to migrate everything at a later step.
- Select your destination tenant if it's already connected.
- If your destination tenant is not already connected, click +Add connection. For more information, see Connect to SharePoint and Microsoft 365.
- Click to map users.
- Click the pen icon that appears when you hover a Team to rename it or some of its channels for the destination.
- To copy the channel(s) and the team they are associated with as a new team at the destination, select Copy as a new team.
- To copy the channel(s) to a team that exists at the destination, select Copy channels in an existing team.
- When you select Copy channels in an existing team, search and select the destination team in the dropdown that appears.
- Click to migrate your channel(s).
- Click to migrate your channels(s) at a later time.
- When you start the copy right away, you will be taken to the task summary page where you will be able to monitor the progress of the migration.
- Once the action is completed, the migration report will show any successes, warnings, or errors. For more information, see Migration report.
Note: When you migrate a private channel with the Teams app open on your machine, you might notice that the members and owners appear to be missing in the destination. You can select the Files tab in your private channel after the migration to refresh your owners and members.
When you migrate a private channel into a private team the first time, the app will ask you if you want to always add private channel members or never add private channel members. You can revert that selection at any time. Click the Membership button that appears in the top right portion of the Destination and options screen to change that option.
You can use incremental copy for teams that were migrated with ShareGate Desktop 15.0 and higher. For more information, see Copy teams - Incremental.
If you remigrate a team that already exists in the destination, it will be duplicated.
Tip: If your initial migration was done with a version of the app prior to 15.0, or if you want more control over the incremental copy of your documents only, you can perform an incremental copy of the content in your teams' libraries using Copy content. To do so, select Copy content only in the copy screen, connect to the site collections attached to your source and destination teams, then select Copy if newer (Incremental) in your copy options.