You can copy Microsoft Teams to and from Office 365.
Note: Copy Teams comes with a few restrictions. We recommend that you read the Copy Teams limitations article before your run a Teams migration.
- Consent the Azure ShareGate Desktop application.
- Global Administrator or SharePoint Administrator permissions are required.
- A valid Teams license is required for the source and destination.
- To have access to hosted content, you must have logged into Teams at least once (in browser or in the Teams app).
Note: A SharePoint Administrator is required to be Team Administrator as well.
- Click Copy in the menu at the left.
- Click Copy teams.
- Select your source tenant in the left corner if it is already connected.
- Click No connections then + Add connection to connect to your source tenant if it is not already connected.
- Select the Team(s) you want to copy.
- Click .
- Select your destination tenant if it is already connected.
- Click +Add connection and connect to your destination tenant if it is not already connected.
- Click to map users.
- Click to rename a Team at the destination.
- Click to migrate your Team(s).
- Click to migrate your Team(s) at a later time.
- Once the action is completed, the migration report will show any successes, warning, or errors. See Migration Report for more details.