Copy teams and their channels so you can easily reorganize and restructure your teams in a way that makes sense for how people collaborate and move inside your organization.
Note: Copy Teams comes with a few restrictions. We recommend that you read the Copy Teams limitations article before your run a Teams migration.
- Consent the Azure ShareGate Desktop application.
- Global Administrator or SharePoint Administrator permissions are required.
- A valid Teams license is required for the source and destination.
- To have access to hosted content, you must have logged into Teams at least once (in browser or in the Teams app).
Note: A SharePoint Administrator is required to be Team Administrator as well.
- Click Copy in the menu at the left.
- Click Copy teams.
- Select your source tenant in the left corner if it is already connected.
- Click No connections then + Add connection to connect to your source tenant if it is not already connected.
- Select a team if you want to copy that team as a whole or copy all of its channels to another team.
- Click on the arrow symbol at the left of your team's icon to expand it if you want to select specific channels only.
Note: You can select multiple teams and channels to copy. You will be able to determine where you want to migrate everything at a later step.
- Click .
- Select your destination tenant if it is already connected.
- Click +Add connection and connect to your destination tenant if it is not already connected.
- Click to map users.
- Click the pen icon that appears when you hover your mouse on a team to rename the team or some of its channels in the destination.
- Select Copy as a new team next to a team to migrate that team and channels as a new team in the destination.
- Select Copy channels in an existing team to migrate your channels to a team in the destination.
Note: When you select Copy channels in an existing team, you can search and select the destination team in the dropdown that appears.
- Click to migrate your Team(s).
- Click to migrate your Team(s) at a later time.
- When you start the copy right away, you will be taken to the task summary page where you will be able to monitor the progress of the migration.
- Once the action is completed, the migration report will show any successes, warning, or errors. You can review the Migration Report article for more details.