Restore permissions inheritance for the targeted locations.
- You have connected to an environment as a Global Administrator, SharePoint Administrator, or Site Collection Administrator.
- Select the item you would like to perform the action on from the Explorer.
- Click Restore inheritance from the Quick Actions panel.
- Verify the targets you are removing permissions from in the options.
- Select an option (see the details below).
- Click .
- Once the action is complete, you will see a report with the results (successes, errors, and warnings).
- In the case that there are warnings or errors, they will be displayed with details in separate tabs near Results.
What would you like to do with the permissions inheritance? (selection)
You can select one of the following options to restore the permissions inheritance on your items:
Restore only for the selected targets
This will restore the permission inheritance on the selected targets. For instance, running this option on multiple libraries will restore the permission inheritance of the selected libraries, but it will not remove all the custom permissions on the documents within the selected libraries.
Restore for the selected targets and all their children recursively
This will restore the permission inheritance of the selected targets and all the items within the targets. For example, using this option on a site removes every single custom permission from that site.
Note: This operation cannot be undone.