Scheduling allows you to set your Promote action to run automatically at times you set yourself so that you can easily run your Promote action in intervals or at off-hours.
You can view or cancel all of your currently running scheduled tasks from Tasks.
- Click Copy.
- Select Restructure environment.
- Click Promote subsite into site.
- Click on the web app at the top to select your environment, or + Add connection to add a new connection.
- Expand the site collection with the subsite(s) you want to promote.
- Add a checkmark to the subsite(s).
- Click Continue to options.
- Adjust your options.
- Click Schedule.
- Set the Task name, Start date, and Start time for the Promote action to run.
- Click Schedule.
You will be brought to the Scheduled screen where you will see the new task with all your other scheduled tasks.
For more information on how to edit or modify your scheduled tasks, see Manage your scheduled tasks.
- ShareGate Desktop needs to remain open in the system tray for scheduled Promote action to run automatically.
- If your cookies expired, there will be a pop-up to re-enter your credentials before the Promote action can run as scheduled.
- If one or more occurrences were missed due to the app being closed, when ShareGate Desktop restarts you will see a pop-up asking if you want to run the scheduled Promote action. It will not run until you select your preference.
- A scheduled promote action runs as long as ShareGate Desktop is open in the system tray, and will still run if your computer is locked, but not if you are logged off or in sleep mode.
- When using a virtual machine (VM), you need to have a persistent desktop (an image that persists between reboots) to ensure the scheduled Promote action is saved.
- If you are using a remote server session, the scheduled Promote action will run as long as the server is not asleep.
- You cannot set the results of a scheduled Promote action to automatically export or be sent out as an email. This can be done manually once the task is finished running.