Global Administrators can consent to the Azure ShareGate Desktop application within the ShareGate Desktop app or through Microsoft. This option can be changed anytime in the privacy settings. When you consent, all SharePoint Online Administrators will have access to the Office Graph for Microsoft 365 Group creation.
Note: This will allow SharePoint administrators to manage Microsoft 365 Groups in Explorer.
Consent through Microsoft
Consenting through Microsoft is a third-party process that will not affect user association within the app. The user account connected to the environment in ShareGate Desktop will still be the one associated to any tasks completed using the app.
- On the Permissions requested page, click Accept.
Consent through the ShareGate Desktop app
Consenting through ShareGate Desktop directly requires that user disconnects and then reconnects to their environment. This is done to ensure that tasks completed using the app are not done under the Global Administrator's account name.
- Disconnect from your environment on the ShareGate Desktop app.
- Ask the Global Administrator for your environment to login to the environment using their credentials.
- Follow the consent process once prompted.
- Once done, disconnect from the environment and connect again using your own credentials (to ensure that you are not running tasks on the Global Administrator's account).
For more on permissions, see Which permissions does the Azure ShareGate Desktop application need?
To remove consent of the Azure ShareGate Desktop app, see How do I remove the Azure ShareGate Desktop application?