Promote converts your subsite to a site collection by migrating it to the same level as your other site collections.
Note: You can decide to keep your original subsite in the options when using Promote.
- You are connected as a Farm Administrator or Global Administrator.
- You have site collection admin permissions on the source site collection(s).
- You are connected to your Admin center or Central admin.
- Select Copy in the menu.
- Click the Restructure environment tab
- Select Promote subsite into site
- Click on the web app at the top to select another one, or to add a new connection.
- Expand the site collection with the subsite(s) you want to promote.
- Add a check mark next to the subsite(s).
- Click .
- Adjust your options.
- Click .
- The task will run, and you will see the promote summary screen (you can access the summary anytime through Tasks).
Note: The permissions are handled the same as with Copy structure when promoting a subsite as a full site copy.