Auditing lets you activate additional SharePoint auditing events to improve the results of your Audit Report. If you don't need one or multiple events to be audited anymore, the feature can be deactivated at anytime through the Explorer.
- Your environment is a SharePoint 2010 or above on-premises farm (auditing is not supported on Microsoft 365).
- You have site collection admin permissions on your targeted site collection(s).
- You are connected to your site collection(s) or SharePoint central admin.
Note: Site collection admin permissions are required even if you have higher admin privileges like Farm admin permissions. For more information click here.
- Select the item you would like to perform the action on from the Explorer.
- Click Edit in the quick actions panel.
- You will now see the Edit Options page.
- Under Transformations, select Remove audit event.
- Select the events you would like to remove.
- When prompted, click
- The selected audit events will now be removed for that item.
- In the case that there are warnings or errors, they will be displayed with details in separate tabs near Results.