Issue Lists in SharePoint help teams track and categorize issues.
Migrating the history from an Issue List in SharePoint 2003 is not supported.
SharePoint 2003 has a specific built-in behavior for the Issue List history. It "fakes" the version history by creating a new item, and setting the value as Related Issue in order for the old item to be shown in the Issue List's history. Because of this, ShareGate Desktop is unable to recognize the value for the migration.
You can manually re-create your Issue List at your destination, and run a Copy Content for the form to be set properly in your destination.
Alternatively, use Export Metadata to export your content as an Excel spreadsheet, and use the Version column to convert the items to the correct versions. You can then run the migration of your content based on that spreadsheet. You can follow these steps for this option:
- Click Copy.
- Select Copy Content.
- Connect to the source and destination list.
- Select all the source content.
- Click on Export Metadata.
- Open the exported spreadsheet.
- Modify the version column so each duplicate item is a new version at the destination.
- Return to the ShareGate app.
- use Import and copy to import the spreadsheet to guide your migration.