Version: ShareGate Desktop 8.5
Release Date: 2018-11-26
ShareGate has a brand new look!
ShareGate is becoming more - we are now ShareGate Desktop and ShareGate Overcast!
It's not just a rebrand, it means that we are offering you more ways to own your digital workplace.
Check out our website for more details!
- Set your migration to run automatically at times you set yourself, so that you can easily run your migration in intervals or at off-hours.
Improved Migration Performance
- We improved how our system manages the migration queue to increase overall performance.
- A warning will display when migrating modern web parts with the wrong Custom scripting setting.
- The app will verify that downloaded files from SharePoint are really empty when SharePoint shows that they are. If we are unable to retrieve their content, an error is shown in the migration report.
- Version numbering was not always correct when migrating using Insane Mode on premise and excluding version history.
- Metadata columns action Set custom value and Set mapped value or default were not always saved when using custom templates in the migration copy options.
- Permissions Levels Mappings would sometimes be incorrectly applied when executing a PowerShell Import from the File System, Google Drive, or Box.
- Improved the detection of Orphaned Users to include users with account names that are not found when searched in the SharePoint People Picker.
- We now display a more user friendly error when the property extractor fails
- There is a new warning if a web part contains an External Link to advise you that the URL will not be modified.
- Office 365 Groups would not load properly when the application had not been used for a long period of time.
- Retrieving items with permission scopes when running a migration could sometimes lead to a lockout of Office 365 tenants
- We disabled XML external entity loading (XXE) to prevent potential attacks on the server running ShareGate Desktop.