Scheduling allows you to set your migration to run automatically at times you set yourself so that you can easily run your migration in intervals or at off-hours.
You can view or cancel all of your currently running scheduled tasks from Tasks.
- Click Copy.
- Select your migration type from the menus. Your options are:
- When you get to the last step before running your migration, you will have the option to or
- Set the Task name, Start date, Start time, and Recurrence (optional) for the migration.
- Click Schedule.
You will be brought to the Scheduled screen where you will see the new task with all your other scheduled tasks.
For more information on how to edit or modify your scheduled tasks, see Manage your scheduled tasks.
Note: You cannot schedule a migration when using the Excel Import and copy option.
- ShareGate Desktop needs to remain open in the system tray for scheduled migrations to run automatically.
- ShareGate Desktop uses your global migration settings at the moment your scheduled migration occurs. Ensure your settings reflect your preferences for the scheduled migration (i.e. Normal mode or Insane mode, Illegal characters, etc.).
- If your cookies expired, there will be a pop-up to re-enter your credentials before the migration can run as scheduled.
- If you are using the Browser authentication method, contact your IT team or Microsoft 365 admin to request that your authentication token does not expire.
- If one or more occurrences were missed due to the app being closed, when ShareGate Desktop restarts you will see a pop-up asking if you want to run the scheduled migration. It will not run until you select your preference.
- A scheduled migration runs as long as ShareGate Desktop is open in the system tray, and will still run if your computer is locked, but not if you are logged off or in sleep mode.
- When using a virtual machine (VM), you need to have a persistent desktop (an image that persists between reboots) to ensure the scheduled migration is saved.
- If you are using a remote server session, the scheduled migration will run as long as the server is not asleep.
- You cannot set the results of a scheduled migration to automatically export or be sent out as an email. This can be done manually once the task is finished running.