Scheduling allows you to set your migration to run automatically at times you set yourself, so that you can easily run your migration in intervals or at off-hours.
- Click Migration.
- Select your migration type from the menu. Your options are:
- Once you get to the last step before running your migration, you will have the option to or
- Select the date and time.
- Select the recurrence (optional).
- You will be brought to the Scheduled menu, where you will see confirmation your migration has been scheduled.
- If you need to stop the scheduled migration, return to the Scheduled menu, select it, and click at the bottom left. This will permanently delete the action.
Tip: You can modify the time or the frequency of a scheduled migration once you save it by clicking edit in the Scheduled menu, but you cannot change the parameters of the migration itself.
- ShareGate Desktop needs to remain open in the system tray for scheduled migrations to run automatically.
- ShareGate Desktop uses your global migration settings at the moment your scheduled migration occurs. Ensure your settings reflect your preferences for the scheduled migration (i.e. Normal Mode or Insane Mode, Illegal Characters, etc.)
- If your cookies expired, there will be a pop up to re-enter your credentials before the migration can run as scheduled.
- If one or more occurrences were missed due to the app being closed, when ShareGate Desktop restarts, you will see a pop-up asking if you want to run the scheduled migration. It will not run until you select your preference.
- A scheduled migration runs as long as ShareGate Desktop is open in the system tray, and will still run if your computer is locked, but not if you are logged off or in sleep mode.
- When using a virtual machine (VM), you need to have a persistent desktop (image that persists between reboots) to ensure the scheduled migration is saved.
- If you are using a remote server session, the scheduled migration will run as long as the server is not asleep.
- You cannot set the results of a scheduled migration to automatically export or be sent out as an email. This can be done manually once the task is finished running.