Version: ShareGate Desktop Desktop 8.5
Release Date: 2018-10-16
- With its release, migration to SharePoint 2019 is now supported by ShareGate Desktop.
- Like in SharePoint Server 2016, Project Management Server 2019 is part of SharePoint Server 2019 (no additional binaries have to be installed), so the features specific to Project Management Server will not be migrated by ShareGate Desktop. Learn more.
- Like in SharePoint 2016, there is no SharePoint 2019 Foundation.
- There is no supported migration path from SharePoint 2019 Public Preview to the final product, so if you used it, all content on the preview farm will be lost.
Clean Orphaned Users
- Run a Clean Orphaned Users action directly from the Quick Actions pane when viewing the results of any applicable report.
- The name of a permission level would not be updated at the destination of a migration.
- Office 365 Security groups would sometimes erroneously display as users.
- A site migration would sometimes result in a The requested resource was not found error when migrating an Office 365 group with an incorrect managed path.
- We improved handling for throttling when you are accessing never checked-in documents.
- Thumbnails for Office 365 site page libraries will now migrate over from the source.
- We include a clear message when an error occurs due to a space in the URL for an Office 365 group.
- We were unable to send a diagnostic report if FIPS was enabled.
- There would be multiple errors when trying to run a Duplicate Site Collection action for a modern site.
- Allow Properties Extraction can be toggled on directly from the migration settings for ease of use.