Version: ShareGate Desktop Desktop 8.2
Release Date: 2018-07-23
PSA: Feature Removal
Learning from Insights
Following valuable feedback, we are removing lifecycle management from the app. The Insights tab will no longer be available, to give us a chance to redesign it and put it back out to you in a way that's simple, useful, and fits your needs.
To ensure you can still gain valuable insights for your on-premises environments, we are beginning to introduce "Take Action" segments to our Reporting articles. These will show you not only how to use our reports, but what actions we recommend based on your results. Here are two we started with (check back in, we'll add more!):
Goodbye Task Widget, Hello Improved Tasks Menu
The task widget at the top-right corner has been removed, and its functionality has been integrated directly into the Tasks menu.
- Cancel a task from within the menu.
- The details column will let you know if there are errors or warning that require action.
- The Tasks tab will have a dynamic indicator that shows a task is running or completed.
- We improved the overall menu display.
Better Migration Navigation
- You won't lose your copy options when you navigate to your reports, so taking action on errors will be simpler than ever.
- Jump back into any new migration directly from your migration report, and run it again with the same options with the button.
- An issue was blocking users from using the Add Permission quick action for groups.
- We prevented an error that could occur while being throttled by SharePoint during a List Content Type migration.
- The Shared With column was always empty in the External Sharing Report.
- An issue would sometimes cause the crawler to send requests to SharePoint and Office 365 with invalid credentials.