Version: ShareGate Desktop Desktop 8.1
Release Date: 2018-06-19
Intuitive Migration Flow
- Your customizable migration options are accessible on the top right corner of your migration screen.
- We cleaned up the options menu and made it easier to navigate.
- The Run Pre-Check button is right next to the Copy Now button, no more need to dig for it.
- Any changes to the default template in Copy Options will be automatically saved for that migration job.
- If you switch between tabs on the app, you will always return to the exact same screen you left.
- We clarified the in-app wording.
- the five last active users will be displayed in Quick Actions for Missing Site Owners, Missing Administrators, and Missing Group Owners.
- If a pending issue is resolved outside of ShareGate Desktop, you will be notified in the Quick Actions pane when the object is selected, and the resolved object will be removed upon refresh.
Modern Web Parts
- The hero web part is now supported for migrations from Microsoft 365 to Microsoft 365.
- You can now edit the credentials for your connections using the connection dropdown.
- We will display a message to let you know when search results are incomplete.
- Download in Quick Actions can now also be used to download individual documents.
- We improved the date accuracy when assessing Unused Sites and Unused Microsoft 365 Groups for Insights.
- A bug would sometimes cause custom reports or explorer connections to be lost.
- ShareGate Desktop was not always prompting the browser authentication window when connecting in Migration.
- There was no fallback to manual activation in the case that the ShareGate Desktop Microsoft 365 Extension's activation failed.
- Pre-Check reports were sometimes missing their details when viewed from All Tasks.
- There was an exception error that would falsely raise a message informing you that your server is not configured to receive email.
- There was an issue that would sometimes generate an error if migrating a workflow referencing a content type.
- An error would sometimes occur when experiencing a 429 (Too Many Requests) message from SharePoint.
- An intermittent bug would sometimes cause the loss of custom reports and connections from Explorer.