Connecting to your environment with Browser is useful in the following situations:
- You are encountering network issues.
- The other authentication methods are not working.
- The site address of the environment is not linked to your windows account (when this scenario occurs with an Office 365 environment, ShareGate Desktop will set the Authentication to Browser by default).
To connect to all sites, you need to be a Global Administrator (for Office 365) or Site Collection Administrator (On Premises). See Administrative Permissions for details on the administrative levels.
- Access your connection screen. This can be done from:
- in Explorer
- Running a new Copy Content, Copy Structure or Import task in Migration.
- Enter the address of the site you are connecting to in the Site Address field.
- In the Authentication dropdown, select Browser.
- A Browser Authentication window will now open.
- Note: This is a secure authentication session with Microsoft.
- Enter either the email address, phone number, or Skype address which is associated to your account.
- Note: The email associated with your account is usually your work email, if you are associated to an organization. If you forget your credentials, you can click the Can't access your account? button which will take you through steps to recover them quickly and securely.
- You will now be signed in, and have access to your site(s).
If you are experiencing difficulties connection to your environment, you can see our Troubleshooting Connection Issues article.