Diagnostic mode allows you to reproduce an error and send a diagnostic report to our technical support team. This gives them the ability to see when and where something is going wrong, and the details to help them understand why. The team will look at the data in the report and contact you with information on how to resolve the issue.
- Access the Diagnostic mode setting
- Exit Diagnostic mode
- Security considerations
The diagnostic report contains the following:
- Application logs.
- Current settings of the application.
- Clicks performed while Diagnostic mode is recording.
- Network trace showing HTTP and HTTPS requests sent and received by ShareGate Desktop only.
Access the Diagnostic mode setting
- Click Settings at the bottom of the left menu.
- Select the Troubleshooting tab.
- Scroll to the Diagnostic mode section.
- Toggle on Activate data recording.
- A blue border around the app appears indicating that Diagnostic mode is recording.
- If Support requests, select the option Also include migrated documents content. Having this option checked greatly increases the size of your report and may not be necessary for your situation.
- Reproduce your issue or follow the steps that our support team provides.
- Wait for the operation(s) to finish.
- Click Send diagnostic at the bottom of the app.
- Fill in the Diagnostic report form with your information.
If you are working offline or have firewalls that are preventing you from sending the report, you can click Save Report. This will create an archived file (ZIP) of the report on your drive, which you can send to Support.
- Perform steps (1) to (6) above.
- In the Diagnostic report, click Save report to the right of Attachments.
Exit Diagnostic mode
When you exit Diagnostic mode, you will lose all diagnostic data collected in your current diagnostic session.
To stop Diagnostic mode follow these steps:
- At the top of the app, click to the right of Diagnostic mode.
- In the Exist diagnostic mode popup, click
It is important to note that ShareGate Desktop takes the protection of your data very seriously. Diagnostic mode only collects data that is relevant to solving the issue. All information is stored securely in Azure and is only collected to diagnose the problem.