- Access the Diagnostic mode setting
- Security considerations
Diagnostic Mode allows you to reproduce an error and send a diagnostic report to our technical support team. This gives them the capability to see exactly when, where, and why something is going wrong. The team will then look at the data in the report and contact you with concrete information on how to fix the issue.
The diagnostic report contains the following:
- Application logs.
- Current settings of the application.
- Clicks performed while Diagnostic mode is recording.
- Network trace showing http and https requests sent and received by ShareGate Desktop only.
Access the Diagnostic mode setting
- Click Settings at the bottom of the left menu.
- Select the Troubleshooting tab.
- Scroll to the Diagnostic mode section.
- Toggle on Activate data recording.
- A blue border around the app appears indicating that Diagnostic mode is recording.
- Select the Also include migrated documents content option only if support requests it. Having this option checked will greatly increase the size of your report and is more often not necessary.
- Reproduce your issue or follow the steps that our support team requested, and wait for the operation(s) to finish.
- Click Send Diagnostic at the bottom of the app.
- Complete the form that appears with your information.
- Click .
If you are working offline, or have firewalls that are preventing you from sending the report, you can click Save Report. This will create an archived file (.zip) of the report on your drive, which you can send out at a later time.
Exit Diagnostic mode
When you exit Diagnostic Mode, you will lose all diagnostic data collected in your current diagnostic session.
To stop Diagnostic Mode follow these steps:
- Click the X next to Diagnostic Mode on the tab at the top of the screen.
- Click when you see the warning.
It is important to note that ShareGate Desktop takes the protection of your data very seriously.
You can rest assured that Diagnostic Mode only collects data that is relevant to solving the issue.
All information is stored securely in Azure and merely serves to diagnose the problem.
For more information on customer data and privacy, please see section 6 of the End User License Agreement.