See things differently? The gifs and screenshots on this article reflect ShareGate Desktop version 5.23 or greater.
Diagnostic Mode allows you to reproduce an error and send a diagnostic report to Support. This gives them the capability to see exactly when, where, and why something is going wrong. The team will then look at the data in the report and contact you with concrete information on how to fix the issue.
- You have encountered an error.
- To toggle Diagnostic Mode, go into Settings, and toggle Diagnostic Mode.
- You will see a blue border indicating that Diagnostic Mode is recording.
- The option to Include migrated documents content will greatly increase the size of your report since it contains the actual content of all migrated files. It is best to leave it unchecked unless Support personnel requests it.
- When you have reproduced your issue, click Send Diagnostic
- Fill in your information, and click Send.
- You will get a message indicating the report was successfully sent.
If you are working offline, or have firewalls that are preventing you from sending the report, you can click Save Report. This will create an archived file (.zip) of the report, which you can then send out at a later time.
When you exit Diagnostic Mode, you will loose all diagnostic data collected up to then.
To stop Diagnostic Mode, click the X next to Diagnostic Mode on the tab at the top of the screen, and click Exit when you see the warning.
It is important to note that ShareGate Desktop takes the protection of your data very seriously.
You can rest assured that Diagnostic Mode only collects data that is relevant to solving the issue.
All information is stored securely in Azure and merely serves to diagnose the problem.
For more information on customer data and privacy, please see section 6 of the End User License Agreement.
If you have any further concerns, please contact our great Support team, who are always happy to help.