Scheduling allows you to set your reports to run automatically at times you set yourself, so that you can access your full results when they are needed.
Scheduling is available for:
- Audit Report
- Permissions Matrix Report
- Clean Orphaned Users
- Clean Limited Access
- Activate Auditing
- Custom Reports (note: new reports need to be saved before you can schedule them).
- Run one of the reports the are supported by scheduling (indicated above).
- Once you get to the target selection screen, you will have the option to or
- Select the date and time.
- Select the recurrence.
- You will be brought to the Scheduled menu, where you will see confirmation your task has been scheduled.
- If you need to stop the scheduled task, return to the Scheduled menu, select it, and click at the bottom left. This will permanently delete the action.
Tip: Make sure you select the correct options before you schedule. Once a task is scheduled, it cannot be edited (though it can be deleted and redone if necessary).
- Permissions Matrix Report, Audit Report, Clean Orphaned Users, Clean Limited Access, and Activate Auditing cannot be modified once scheduled.
- ShareGate Desktop needs to remain open in the system tray for scheduled tasks to run automatically.
- If one or more occurrences were missed due to the app being closed, when ShareGate Desktop restarts, the last missed occurrence will run, and then the tasks will continue to run automatically as scheduled.
- A scheduled task will run as long as ShareGate Desktop is open in the system tray, and will still run if your computer is locked, but not if you are logged off or in sleep mode.
- When using a virtual machine (VM), you need to have a persistent desktop (image that persists between reboots) to ensure the the scheduled task is saved.
- If you are using a remote server session, the scheduled task will run as long as the server is not asleep.
- You cannot set the results of a scheduled task to automatically export or be sent out as an email. This can be done manually once the task is finished running.