Version: ShareGate Desktop 5.16
A Brand New Look
ShareGate Desktop is easier to use than ever before with our new redesigned interface that makes running your everyday tasks simple.
A Whole New Way to Manage Your Tasks
You can now manage all your active tasks in one place from anywhere in the app.
Run multiple tasks at the same time and get notified when they're completed!
Manage Your Office 365 Groups
Want to easily add or remove members to your Office 365 Groups? You can now do it directly from the Explorer in just one click.
Descriptions and Screen Tips
Descriptions and screen tips are your guide through all management tasks, so you don't need to reference outside documentation or second guess your actions.
Wave goodbye to pop-up windows and prompts. Run ShareGate Desktop and do your thing like you normally would, and when there is an update available, ShareGate Desktop downloads it automatically.
- No one likes crashing out, that's why administrators no longer have to worry about the rage inducing load-and-crash that would sometimes occur when drilling down to users in a large Google Drive Environment.
- Sometimes there would be an error loading groups in Explorer, and there wouldn't be a clear message explaining why - how rude! Now you can be assured there will be one.
- You can run a filter on Office 365 groups in your reports, because reporting is useful, and why not?
- When you export your Permissions Matrix Report to Excel, you will have a shiny new column showing you the path of your SharePoint items, nice!
- Taxonomy objects (think terms and keywords) preserve their IDs when you run a migration to SharePoint 2013, 2016, or Office 365.
- It's exceedingly frustrating to be unable to migrate a workflow just because ShareGate Desktop can't find the user or group at the destination, so we fixed that - won't be a problem anymore.
- Some users weren't able to click the error pop-up buttons in our Migration app. How can you submit an error about an error button when you can't even press the button to submit the original error in the first place? Too much to get one's head around, luckily it's fixed now!
- Putting in the effort to migrate a list just to find information missing in the destination because it required a choice fill-in field is just no fun, so now ShareGate Desktop will make sure that everything gets copied, and your choices will be saved!
- Calendar views for custom lists in Office 365 would only be partially copied when running a migration. We couldn't have you using that as an excuse for missing your coworker's birthday, so we fixed that right up.
- No need to stop your migration just because a content type isn't available at the destination; now, we'll just let you know with a warning and replace the source content type with a default one.
- The PowerShell migration script allows an overwrite action so you won't see an error message just because a property template exists with the same name. Things have the same name sometimes, come on.
- Workflows with Multi Variables in Nintex for Office 365 is the latest thing, and you can be sure ShareGate Desktop supports migrating them.
- Nintex uses hidden column form data do all sort of cool things, like store control values ??that are not connected to fields. We make sure that gets copied along with everything else when migrating On-Premises to On Premises and Office 365 to Office 365!
If you require assistance or have questions, please contact us at email@example.com