Version: ShareGate Desktop 7.0
Unified Apps and an Improved User Experience for Migration
ShareGate Desktop Desktop is now a single unified tool to help you migrate and manage proactively.
Improvements to Quick Actions
Our Quick Actions panel continues to improve how you manage your environments. You can now make modifications directly to the Administrators, Owners, and Members section.
Next-Level Search Includes Subsites in the Explorer
You can now search for Subsites, letting you find what you need much faster.
Pre-Check your Migration with PowerShell
Enjoy the convenience of running a Pre-Check with PowerShell for all Copy Structure commands, and combine the script with all the other great capabilities using PowerShell offers
- Better performance when you access object details for an item in the Explorer.
- We optimized loading time for the properties in the Quick Actions panel.
- Running a Duplicate Site action would lead to multiple Windows Notifications.
- We added the option to Refresh when the Explorer is showing an empty screen.
- The Connection dropdown in the Explorer can now display up to eight items.
- The filters on the Explorer list view will no longer reset when you refresh the page.
- Error notifications in the Explorer will be limited to those relevant to your task.
- We corrected an error prompt about a Cancellation Token in the Explorer.
- Upgrading ShareGate Desktop versions with an old cache was causing a bug when using Search.
- We fixed an issue that would cause the Explorer list to appear empty after a connection or refresh.
- Removed unnecessary error pop-ups that would appear in the Explorer.
- Corrected the select all function in the Explorer.
- The Last Modified Date was missing in Site Collection reports.
- The app would freeze when going back a level in the Explorer if items on the list view were selected.
- Corrected broken management related PowerShell commands.
- ShareGate Desktop 2003 and 2007 users can now navigate and search in the Explorer, Bulk Edit Content, Download Content, and delete items.
- ShareGate Desktop Lite users will now Bulk Edit Content for a Site Collection/Subsite and Download Content from the Explorer.
- When accessing item properties in Bulk Edit Content through the task widget, you would lose your ability to scroll.
- Migrations using Insane Mode to Microsoft 365 now support a file size limit of up to 15 GB.
- We now support migrating folder names up to 400 characters in Normal Mode to Microsoft 365 when the Content Type is Folder.
- Insufficient rights to manage Microsoft 365 Groups will no longer prevent you from migrating the Site Collection. You just won't be added as a Group Owner, and a warning will be shown.
- Cancelling a migration to Microsoft 365 using Insane Mode will now properly flag all the items as cancelled if they haven't been uploaded to Microsoft Azure yet.
- Migrating documents with unique permissions from a source site collection to Microsoft 365 while using Insane Mode will no longer cause issues if the destination is in a different language than the source.
- If there was a bookmark in the data when running an Import from Box action, PowerShell would crash.
- We fixed an error that would prevent the migration of the Nintex workflow action Set Item Permissions when in a site workflow.
- We now show a warning when the start and/or end time for the work week cannot be migrated in the regional settings of a site.
- We modified the migration flow of the Import to SharePoint feature to increase migration speed, especially when running a migration to Microsoft 365.
- Our task widget was running slowly when managing many tasks at once.
- There would sometimes be an error when loading Microsoft 365 groups while using the Other User authentication mode.
- We improved the overall performance for both migration and management operations in ShareGate Desktop.