Access all completed management tasks, filter results to easily find the date range you are looking for, and free space on your disk by deleting old items.
Tasks will keep your history for the following task types:
- All reports - Permissions Matrix, External Sharing, Audit, etc.
- Security - Add Permission, Remove Permissions, Check Permissions, etc.
- Source Analysis - File share, SharePoint, and Microsoft 365.
- Migrations - Migration reports.
- Restructure - Promote reports.
Note: Tasks is not a live report. In order to make sure you are viewing the most up-to-date results, click the Refresh button .
For more information on how to cancel a running task, see How do I cancel a running task?
Access all tasks
Click Tasks on the bottom-left menu.
Task: The name and location of the task performed.
Type: The type of task that was performed.
Details: The number of items processed and the number of successes, warnings, or errors.
Start Date/End Date: The date the task was started. The date the task was completed.
Session ID: The unique ID associated with the session.
Tip: Give our Support team the Session ID if you need to log an issue associated with that task.
Click Add filter to display a drop-down menu. The filters allow you to select from the following options:
- Task name - Contains, Does not contain.
- Task status - Completed, Canceled, In progress.
- Task type - A list of the task types in your environment.
- Source URL - Contains, Does not contain.
- Destination URL - Contains, Does not contain.
- Scheduled - Was scheduled, Was not scheduled.
- Start date - From and To date fields.
Tip: You can apply multiple filters to show specific tasks. To clear a filter, click the X.
Deleting tasks allows you to free up space on the disk. You can see how many megabytes (MB) ShareGate Desktop is using at the top-left of the screen, and how much space is still available. Deleting a task is permanent, you cannot recover it once you have completed the action.
To delete a task:
- Add a checkmark in the box to the left of the task(s) you want to delete. To select all the tasks on the page, add a checkmark in the box to the left of the Task column.
- In the Delete task pop-up, click Delete to confirm the action.
Your tasks will now be gone from the Tasks screen.
Note: You can only delete the tasks that are currently displayed on the Tasks screen. If you have a lot of tasks to delete, set the Items per page to 500 so you can delete more tasks at once.
- Add a checkmark in the box to the left of the task(s) you want to export. To select all the tasks on the page, add a checkmark in the box to the left of the Task column.
- Click Export at the top-right.
- In the Export options pop-up, set the Files format to CSV or XLSX.
Tip: When exporting Migration reports, you will have the option to Merge migration reports from the pop-up. For more information on exporting your Migration report, see Export sessions.
- Click Export to finalize the download.