Recent versions of ShareGate Desktop have the option to Auto-Assign Site Collection Administrator, which allows ShareGate Desktop to automatically assign you as a Site Collection Administrator when running Site Collection or OneDrive for Business operations.
To revert this selection, you need to use Reporting.
- On the left menu, select Settings.
- Select General.
- Under Permissions, toggle off Auto-assign as administrator.
- Return to the menu and select All reports.
- Select OneDrive for Business or Site Collection as your Object Type (depending on your scenario).
- Specify your target(s).
- Select all results using the top-left checkbox.
- Click Remove Permissions in Quick Actions.
- In the Select Users or Groups field, input yourself or any other applicable user who you are removing administrative rights from.
- Use the Remove Permissions drop-down to select Remove from Site Collection Administrators.
- You will now see the results page.