When trying to download content from an Azure storage container, you receive this error:
You are not authorized to perform this operation. Please make sure that you have entered the correct storage account name and a valid access key. This can also occur when attempting to access an expired storage account.
Any error code ending with: -276
This error can occur in the following circumstance:
- You click on Download Manifest package in the application.
This error can occur in two situations:
- You are not authorized to access the storage account. This can occur when configuring Sharegate to use your own Azure storage container.
- Your Azure storage container is expired. This can occur with containers provided by Microsoft. Sharegate uses these containers by default, unless you configured a container yourself in the options.
Solution #1 : Make sure the storage account and access key are valid.
The first step would be to confirm that the storage account name and the access key you entered are valid. The procedure to obtain the storage account and the access key is described here under the "Manage your storage access" keys section.
After re-entering the storage account name and access key, if you still get the " You are not authorized to perform this operation." message, make sure that when you are selecting the access key, you manually select it all. If you try to click 3 times in the box containing the key in order to select all the text, some part of the key may be missing.
Solution #2 : Regenerating the access keys
- In the Azure Management Portal, click Storage, and then click the name of the storage account to open the dashboard.
- Click Manage Keys.
Manage Access Keys opens.
- Click on the "regenerate" button, and copy the new access key in Sharegate.
Microsoft provides Azure containers for ongoing migrations that expire after 5 days.
There is no way to recover anything from an expired container. To avoid this issue, you can also setup a custom storage account.
If you need more information, please contact our awesome support team. We'll be happy to help!