When trying to copy a Nintex workflow containing the action "Update Item Permissions", an error occurs stating that:
[...] This behavior is not supported with On-Premises Nintex Workflows. The workflow cannot be copied as it could break the security of the site.
Sharegate will map the "Update Item Permissions" in Microsoft 365 to the action "Set Item Permissions" when On-Premises. However, those action have different behavior possible and have a different feature set. In order to ensure that the workflow cannot be executed by mistake and grant permissions to either the wrong user, or on a incorrect item, Sharegate will not copy the workflow unless it is updated to match more closely the On-Premises feature set.
Ensure that all actions "Update Item Permissions" respect the following criterias:
- The parameter 'Destination site URL' refers to the current site
- The parameter 'List Name' refers by name to a list available in the current site (or by the workflow context "List Name" property)
- The parameter 'Filter' respects the following criterias
- The option "Update all list items permission" is not selected
- A filter (or CAML query) is configured
- The filter only has 1 condition, with its operator being "is equal to"
- The field being filtered exists on the target list and is not a reference to a variable / workflow context information / etc.
- The parameter 'Permission' refers by name to a permission level available in the current site
- The parameter 'Remove existing permissions' has a value of either Yes or No
- The parameter 'Inherit permissions from parent' has a value of either Yes or No
If any of the following criterias are not met, Sharegate will not copy the workflow.