Insane Mode for Office 365
Migrating Items into a populated list or library
Migrating items into a list or library may cause an ID conflict when using Insane Mode with Office 365.
To avoid any ID conflicts, you should empty items from your destination list or library before running the migration.
You can do this by deleting all items in your destination list or library (you can create a backup if necessary by importing the items into a file or folder)
Here is the list of limitations when migrating using Insane mode to Office 365:
- File size limit is 15 GB
When using the incremental update with Insane mode on Office 365, all versions of an item at the destination will be replaced by the version from the source if:
- The source item has a more recent "last modified" date than the item at the destination.
This is caused by a limitation in the Azure Import API.
Insane Mode On Premises
Here is the list of limitations when migrating using Insane mode on Premises:
- Item IDs won't be preserved
- Copying ASPX pages will use normal mode instead
- Copying Discussion Board will use normal mode instead
- Requires the Server Extension 1.8.3 or higher at the destination.
- Having the Server Extension installed at the source will also speed up the copy.
These limitations apply to content only. Anything related to item structure will use normal mode.
Actions only supported on Normal Mode
The following actions are not supported by the Insane Mode with Office 365:
- Copying ASPX pages
- Copying Calendar's special occurrences
- Copying list items that are declared as records
- Copying User Alerts on list items
- Copying OneNote files
The content will still be migrated using the Normal Mode.
Note: Azure Migration API is not supported in China.