When trying to connect to SharePoint, Sharegate displays the following error:
Sharegate was unable to get the version of your SharePoint server. This can happen if Client Integration has been disabled on your web application.
|Any error code ending with: -157|
This error occurs when Sharegate is unable to determine the version of the SharePoint server. This can happen either if you are trying to connect to a server that is not a SharePoint server, or if Client Integration has been disabled in your SharePoint Central Administration.
- Connect to your SharePoint Central Administration and click on Security.
- Click on Specify authentication providers.
- Make sure the selected Web application in the drop-down is the right one.
- Click on the Default zone.
- In the Client Integration section, click Yes, and then Save.