When attempting to copy an item, ShareGate Desktop displays the following error message:
Property 'My property': The following values are unavailable: 'MyValue1, MyValue2'. Please specify another value.
In the context of this error, Property is a lookup column, and value is a metadata value from another list.
The error occurs when a source value referenced by the lookup column is not available in the destination.
The most common cause for this is when the referenced list or list item is missing in the destination.
Another potential cause is when the referenced column is a calculated column. Because calculated columns are highly customizable, some limitations can cause the values to be different in the destination.
You can use one of the following solutions to solve the error.
Migrate the missing content being looked up and retry your migration
- Open the destination list in SharePoint.
- Go to the list settings.
- Click on the affected column (property) in the Columns section.
- Check the name of the looked-up list under Get information from.
- Look for the list or library in your site.
- If the list exists, open the list and verify if the value in the error message is available in the list.
- If the list does not exist, use Copy structure, to migrate the looked up list from the source.
- If the list exists and the values are not available, use Copy content to migrate the missing list items or documents from the looked up list at the source.
- Run your original migration again.
Replace the missing value by a value that is available at the destination
- In the Copy content screen, click on .
- Select the Metadata tab.
- Expand the Content type that contains the affected column.
- Locate the affected column (property).
- Select Set mapped value or default in the dropdown.
- In the new dropdown that appears at the right, select the default value you want ShareGate desktop to use when a lookup value is unavailable.
- Click on the green checkmark in the top-right corner to save your settings and close the options panel.
- Run your migration again.
- Your items will keep the values that are available at the destination, and the items with unavailable values will get the default value you selected for that column.