Certain enterprises require the use of proxy servers to connect to your network. When this is the case, you will need to set up a proxy connection in ShareGate Desktop. If you would like to know more on proxy servers, see here.
You have accessed your Connect screen.
- Toggle Proxy
- Enter the Host (domain name) of your SharePoint site.
- Specify your port number (port 80 is used for HTTP traffic and is set by default). For a list of network ports used by key Microsoft server products, see here.
- Sign in with:
- Default User: Connect using your current Windows session credentials.
- Same as SharePoint: Connect using the same credentials as SharePoint.
- Other User: Connect by manually entering a username and password.
- Enter your Username if needed.
- Enter your Password if needed.
- Click Connect
- You will then be brought back to General to select your other connection options. For information on setting up a connection, see here.
Note: You can usually verify your proxy information in Internet Explorer with these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go to Tools.
- Select Internet Options.
- Go to the Connections tab.
- Select LAN settings.
In the resulting Local Area Network (LAN) Settings panel, you can see your proxy information in the Proxy server section.
We recommend that you confirm the information with your local network specialist.