Certain enterprises require the use of proxy servers to connect to your network. When this is the case, you will need to set up a proxy connection in ShareGate Desktop. If you would like to know more on proxy servers, see here.
You have accessed your Connect screen.
- Toggle Proxy
- Enter the Host (domain name) of your SharePoint site.
- Specify your port number (port 80 is used for HTTP traffic and is set by default). For a list of network ports used by key Microsoft server products, see here.
Sign in with:
- Default User: Connect using your current Windows session credentials.
- Same as SharePoint: Connect using the same credentials as SharePoint.
- Other User: Connect by manually entering a username and password.
- Enter your Username if needed.
- Enter your Password if needed.
- Click Connect
- You will then be brought back to General to select your other connection options. For information on setting up a connection, see here.