This article will explain the Import from Google Drive connection screen.
- Global Administrator or SharePoint Administrator permissions are always recommended.
- Add ShareGate Desktop to the G Suite whitelist.
- Select Copy.
- Click Import from Google Drive.
- Enter your Google account email address.
- Connect as Admin allows you to migrate multiple users, select (if you have the appropriate permissions).
- Show as default email address allows ShareGate Desktop to load this email address by default when opening the Import from Google Drive tool in the future.
- You will now see the Google Authentication screen.
- Enter your email address or phone number.
- Click Next.
- Enter your password and click Next.
- You will be prompted to give ShareGate Desktop access in Google Drive (you may see different options if using administrator mode).
- Click Allow.
Note: You can revoke ShareGate Desktop's access at any time by managing your Google account's permissions. If you do so, the next time you Import from Google Drive, you will need to re-consent
- You will now be connected to Google Drive on your Source.
2-Step Authentication (optional)
You can set up a 2-step authentication process on your Google account.
If you do so, Google asks for a code that is sent to a mobile device to prove your identity. Otherwise, you will not see this window.