Find objects that are shared with people outside of your organization.
- You have site collection admin permissions on your targeted site collection(s).
- You are connected to your site collection(s), Microsoft 365 Admin center, or SharePoint central admin.
Note: Site collection admin permissions are required even if you have higher admin privileges like SharePoint admin or Global admin permissions. For more information click here.
Tip: To manage all your site collections, you can connect to your central admin or admin center with SharePoint admin, Farm admin or Global admin permissions.
- Click Security in the main menu.
- Click External sharing report under Recommended reports.
- Select the target of the report.
- Click .
- Set your options (see below for details).
- Click Schedule or Run now.
Select the object types that you would want to include in the report.
- Sites: In the results, all the sites that are shared to external users will be shown.
- Lists: In the results, all the lists that are shared to external users will be shown.
- List content: In the results, all the list items and documents that are shared to external users or shared via anonymous guest links will be shown.
Setup automatic export for this report's results
Use local cache
See the Use local cache article.