Activate Auditing lets you activate additional SharePoint auditing events to improve the results of your Audit Report.
- Select the item you would like to perform the action on from the Explorer.
- Click Activate Auditing in the quick actions panel.
- Verify the target of the action.
- Select the auditing events (Note: Opening or downloading documents, viewing items in lists or viewing item properties cannot be tracked by SharePoint 2016 and Office 365.)
- Click (you can also Schedule this task).
- The task will now run.
- In the case that there are warnings or errors, they will be displayed with details in separate tabs near Results.