This feature gives you an overview of the items, files, and folders in your source target to estimate the effort it would take to migrate them to SharePoint or Microsoft 365.
- Your file share drives are mapped on your system.
- You have the Permissions Read and Read permissions on your file share. Read so the app can read your items and Read permissions so the app can read the permissions of your items.
- Select Plan from the menu in the ShareGate Desktop app.
- Click in the Source Analysis box.
- Select File Share as your analysis type.
- Click from the Source analysis box.
- Select your file source.
- Your results will now load.
Note: If you specify your selection using checkboxes, the highlighted element will only be included if it is also checked. Selecting a drive or folder always includes it's child elements, so removing the checkmark on a child element will also remove the check from the parent drives or folders.
The summary screen provides the results of the analysis you just ran. This is a quick way to see the count and the total size of the files and folders that are ready to migrate, and a number of errors and warnings you can review before your migration.
Potential migration limitations checks for issues that can arise during your migration.
If your analysis results in Warnings or Errors, you can click View details to see details on why the warning or error would occur, and (when applicable) access an article that will explain the issue in greater detail, and how to correct it.
Both Warnings and Errors should be corrected before running your migration by following the steps outlined in the articles you will be linked to depending on your scenario.
Tip: If you want to access the details screen right away, click