This feature gives you an overview of the items, files, and folders in your source target to estimate the effort it would take to migrate them to SharePoint or Office 365.
- Select Plan from the menu in the ShareGate Desktop app.
- Click from the Source analysis box.
- Select File Share as your analysis type.
- Select your Intended Destination.
- Select the target for your analysis.
- Note: The inventory runs on your selected mapped drives or folders.
- Your results will now load.
Note: If you specify your selection using checkboxes, the highlighted element will only be included if it is also checked. Selecting a drive or folder always includes it's child elements, so removing the checkmark on a child element will also remove the check from the parent drives or folders.
The results screen provides a summary of the analysis you just ran. This is a quick way to see the count and the total size of the files and folders that are ready to migrate, versus the count and total size of those that have errors or warnings associated to them. You will also see an estimate of your migration time.
Validates rules checks for the following:
- Files too large
- SharePoint restricts on the maximum upload size which can be configured. Learn more.
- Blocked file extensions
- SharePoint blocks some file types due to security risks. Learn more.
If your analysed target fails any of the validations, it will result in Errors when you run your migration.
If your analysis results in Warnings or Errors, you can click the to see details on why the warning or error would occur, and (when applicable) access an article that will explain the issue in greater detail, and how to correct it.
Both Warnings and Errors should be corrected before running your migration by following the steps outlined in the articles you will be linked to depending on your scenario.
Tip: If you want more information on each element, click