The Pre-check report shows you possible warnings and errors that can occur when you run your migration.
Use the pre-check feature to test your migration, so that you can correct any potential issues and ensure your migration runs as smoothly as possible.
To run a pre-check, you need the same permissions as when you run the migration. To see what permissions you need for each type of migration, see Microsoft administrative permissions.
- Select Copy from the menu.
- Select the type of migration you want to perform.
- Connect to your source environment.
- Select the source target of your migration.
- Click Next
- Connect to your destination environment.
- Select the destination target of your migration.
- Select the object(s) from the source list that you want to copy into the destination.
- Click on the bottom right corner.
When the pre-check is complete, click to save the report to your workstation and view the results in Excel.
At any time, select Tasks from the menu to view or export the report.
For information and explanation on what the Pre-check report provides, see Pre-check report details.
Relationship to the Migration report
When you run a pre-check, the app simulates your migration by sending all the migration calls, but without copying the information. The Pre-check report is a test version of the Migration report you receive following an actual migration.