Import from File Share allows you to import from file system or network drives to SharePoint, Office 365, or OneDrive for business.
- Global Administrator or SharePoint Administrator permissions are always recommended.
- Term Store Administrator rights are required to complete a Term Store migration. You can get these using Add Permissions.
- Map your drives before importing.
- Click Copy.
- Select Import File Shares.
- Add your credentials to connect to your destination SharePoint environment.
- Click Connect.
- Select your destination library
- Click Next.
- The local file share drives you can import content from will be on the left pane (C:\, Desktop, Documents, any other connected drives).
- Double click a drive to drill down to the item you would like to import.
- Select the item.
- Click or drag and drop it into the right pane.
- Once the action is completed, the migration report will show any successes, warning, or errors. See Migration Report for more details.