Import from File Share allows you to import from file system or network drives to SharePoint, Office 365, or OneDrive for business.
Tip: You will find useful information about migrating your file share permissions in our Import from file share - Permissions article.
- Global Administrator or SharePoint Administrator permissions are always recommended.
- At least Read and Read permissions on your file share.
- Term Store Administrator rights are required to complete a Term Store migration. You can get these using Add Permissions.
- Map your drives before importing.
Note: Access your file share with the same user account that is running ShareGate Desktop to avoid any issues when accessing the drive or your documents.
- Click Copy in the menu at the left.
- Select the Import external content tab.
- Select Import from file share.
- Add your credentials to connect to your destination SharePoint environment.
- Click Connect.
- Select your destination library
- Click Next.
- The local file share drives you can import content from will be on the left pane (C:\, Desktop, Documents, any other connected drives).
- Double click a drive to drill down to the item you would like to import.
- Select the item.
- Click or drag and drop it into the right pane.
- Once the action is completed, the migration report will show any successes, warning, or errors. See Migration Report for more details.