ShareGate Desktop offers multiple levels of performance to allow for a balance between a faster migration speed and a lower use of resources.
- To change the Performance level, first, click on Settings menu.
- Under General, in the Performance section, select your preferred performance level. The following options are available:
- Minimal: when selecting this option, ShareGate Desktop will send only one request at a time to SharePoint.
The Minimal level will have the lowest impact on the SharePoint server, but it will result in the slowest migration speed.
- Low Impact: when selecting this option, ShareGate Desktop will be allowed to send a few requests simultaneously to SharePoint.
- Normal (default): when selecting this option, ShareGate Desktop will be allowed to send many requests simultaneously to SharePoint.
The Normal level has been configured to achieve the best balance between migration speed and server impact in most scenarios.
- High Performance: when selecting this option, ShareGate Desktop will be allowed to send a lot of requests simultaneously to SharePoint.
The High Performance level will have the highest impact on the SharePoint server, but it will result in the fastest migration speed. Depending on your SharePoint environment, High Performance might make your SharePoint server struggle with too many requests and result in a slower migration speed than other performance levels.
- We recommend testing the different levels to determine which one is the most appropriate for your SharePoint environment.
- The Performance level can be changed during a migration in-app and the changes will take effect immediately.
- Your set Performance level will also apply to your PowerShell migrations, but unlike migrating in-app, you cannot update the Performance level once a PowerShell migration is running.
- There is no PowerShell command or switch to change this setting.
For more details on the Office 365 Migration Speed, please consult the Performance Options (Office 365) article.