There can be a number of reasons why some users in your Modified By and Created By fields are not preserved. Verify the following scenarios to determine how you can handle the missing users:
- The users do not exist in your destination. ShareGate Desktop cannot preserve your users in the Created By and Modified By fields during a migration if the associated users do not exist in the destination. You can find more information here.
- You do not have sufficient administrative access or certain permissions on the destination to preserve those users.
- You might need the server extension to preserve your users.
- The copy option Preserve authors and timestamps is unchecked.
- Office is not installed on the machine running ShareGate Desktop. If you are copying local files to SharePoint, ShareGate Desktop extracts properties from Office files.
- There is a Workflow or Event Listener on the list modifying the Modified By when adding or updating an item. You must disable it and restart the migration to keep your users.