When attempting to copy an element, Sharegate displays one of the following error messages:
- The content database has run out of free space.
- There was an error while uploading the file. This is likely due to an issue with the content database, such as running out of space.
- An error occurred between SharePoint and its database: 'Error details'
- An error occurred while updating the file. This may happen if the file was deleted, or if there is an issue with the content database, such as running out of space.
Any error code ending with: -041 or -042
This error occurs because there is a problem with the SharePoint content database.
Verify the following elements (if you do not have access to the SharePoint server, contact your SharePoint administrator and ask them to verify this):
- Make sure there is enough free space on the destination SharePoint content database server.
If there is enough free space for the content database:
- Enable and increase the database autogrowth setting if your destination is an on premises version of SharePoint.
- Consult the SharePoint ULS logs to get more details about the error if your destination is an on premises version of SharePoint. It should contain details about an SQL error or a communication error with the database.
- Reduce the Performance Options in ShareGate Desktop to limit the amount of requests that the tool sends.