This feature gives you an overview of your source target in order to estimate the effort it would take to migrate it to SharePoint or Office 365.
Note: SharePoint 2003 and SharePoint 2007 are not supported.
- Select Plan from the menu in the ShareGate Desktop app.
- Click from the Source analysis box.
- Select SharePoint & Office 365 as your analysis type.
- Select your Intended Destination.
- Select the target for your analysis.
- Your results will now load.
The results screen provides a summary of the analysis you just ran. This is a quick way to see how many site collections, sites, unused sites, and workflows you have.
The size gage (MB ) at the top-right corner gives a count of the total size of all site collections.
Note: The size gage gives you the the sum of all your site collections, and does not include the size of your subsites. You can get a true total by exporting the result and adding up the size of all your site collections and subsites in Excel.
Validates rules checks for the following:
- Master pages
- When copying an entire site, ShareGate Desktop does not automatically copy master pages and page layouts. Learn more.
- Sites with unsupported templates
- Sites with unsupported templates are reverted to the default template. Learn more.
- Lists with unsupported templates
- Lists with unsupported templates are reverted to the default template. Learn more.
- Custom features
- Custom features need to be manually deployed at the destination prior to the migration. Learn more.
If your analysed target fails any of the validations, it will result in Errors when you run your migration.
If your analysis results in Warnings or Errors, you can click the to see details on why the warning or error would occur, and access an article (when applicable) that will explain the issue in greater detail, and how to correct it.
Both Warnings and Errors should be corrected before running your migration by following the steps outlined in the articles you will be linked to depending on your scenario.
Tip: If you want more information on each element, click