This feature gives you an overview of your source target in order to estimate the effort it would take to migrate it to SharePoint or Microsoft 365.
Notes: SharePoint 2003 and 2007 do not support this feature.
- You have site collection admin permissions on your targeted site collection(s).
- You are connected to your site collection(s), Microsoft 365 Admin center, or SharePoint central admin.
- On SharePoint 2010, Service pack 1 or higher is required.
Note: Site collection admin permissions are required even if you have higher admin privileges like SharePoint admin or Global admin permissions. For more information, see Microsoft administrative permissions.
- Select Plan from the menu in the ShareGate Desktop app.
- Click in the Source analysis box.
- Select SharePoint and Microsoft 365 as your analysis type.
- Select your intended destination.
- Select your source.
- Your results will now load.
The summary screen provides the results of the analysis you just ran. This is a quick way to see how many site collections, sites, unused sites, and enabled workflows you have.
Note: The size gage (MB) gives a count of the total size of all site collections. The size does not include the size of your subsites. You can get a true total by exporting the result and adding up the size of all your site collections and subsites in Excel.
Potential migration limitations checks for issues that can arise during your migration.
If your analysis results in Warnings or Errors, you can click View details to see why the warning or error would occur, and access an article (when applicable) that will explain the issue in greater detail, and how to correct it.
Both Warnings and Errors should be corrected before running your migration by following the steps outlined in the articles you will be linked to depending on your scenario.
Tip: If you want to access the details screen right away, click for the source analysis details.