ShareGate Desktop allows you to delete site objects and content from your destination or source environment. Files or folders can be deleted from your destination environment only.
Note: If you need to delete objects in the Explorer, this can be done in Quick Actions.
- Right-click on the object and click Delete Permanently.
- You will be prompted to confirm. Click Yes.
- If applicable: Some item types are sent to the Recycle Bin.
- If the file was on a network drive, it will be permanently deleted.
- If the file was on your hard drive, you will be able to find it in the Recycle Bin of your computer.
- You can also delete files and folders on your file system or shared network drive.
Recycling site objects, content, files, and folders
Recycling site objects, content, files, and folders is only available in SharePoint 2007 and later (unless otherwise specified).
In ShareGate Desktop, the items that can be sent to the Recycle Bin are as follow:
- List items (for content only)
- Files (for content and files or folders only)
- Folders (for content and files or folders only)
- Document Sets (for content and files or folders only, 2010 and later)
- Lists and Libraries (for site objects only)
- Workflows (for site objects only, 2010 and later)
- Subsites (for site objects only, 2010 and later)
- Site Collections (for site objects only, 2010 SP1 and later
All recycled site objects, content, files, and folders will be sent to the Recycle Bin of the user connected to SharePoint with ShareGate Desktop.
Deleted site collections can be restored through the recycle bin in the central administration for SharePoint Online. To restore deleted site collections in On-Premises SharePoint environments, you must be connected on the Web Front-End server and use the SharePoint PowerShell command "Restore-SPDeletedSite".
Note: ShareGate Desktop will always recycle site objects, content, files, and folders, unless using SharePoint 2003, which will permanently delete the selected item(s).
To run a migration or report on the content of your recycle bin is not supported.