See things differently? The gifs and screenshots on this article reflect ShareGate Desktop version 5.23 or greater.
The home screen is the first screen that's displayed when ShareGate Desktop starts.
After connecting to a first site, the home screen is your Explorer. From here, you can access all of the features that ShareGate Desktop has to offer.
Here's a quick description of the menu options:
- From the Explorer menu, you can:
Connect to your environments to navigate and manage your SharePoint and Office 365 objects.
- Drill down into the different objects of your site collections, and view details and information on each object.
- Access the Quick Actions Panel, that will allow you to easily access and manage reporting, security, and other options.
- This section will launch ShareGate Desktop Migration.
- From the menu, you can access pre-built reports or create your own. These reports are classified in several categories.
All tasks history:
- Whenever you perform a management operation, a complete history of the changes performed is automatically kept by ShareGate Desktop. You can click on a task to reference it again, as well as export its contents to Excel.
- The application settings (General, Licenses, and Advanced).
- If you have any suggestions or comments about ShareGate Desktop, click here, we'd love to have your feedback.
- The help icon is a direct link to our support and documentation webpage