Copy permissions from a source user or group to multiple target users or groups.
- You have connected to an environment as a Global Administrator, SharePoint Administrator, or Site Collection Administrator.
- Select the item(s) you would like to perform the action on from the Explorer.
- Click Copy User Permissions in the quick action panel.
- Select the source user or group you want to include in the report.
- Select the target user or group you want to include in the report.
- Check off the options you want to apply to the copy.
- The task will now run.
- In the case that there are warnings or errors, they will be displayed with details in separate tabs near Results. See the Edit page for how to modify or transform results.
- Copy group membership: Adds the target users in SharePoint groups that have the source user as a member. For information on copying groups, see Copy Structure - Groups.
- Cascade to children: Grant permissions on subsites and lists of the selected targets. This option will only affect subsites and lists which already have custom permissions.
- Cascade to content: Grant permissions on documents and list items of the selected targets. This option will only affect documents and list items which already have custom permissions.