Use Download content to move documents and list items from your SharePoint sites and OneDrives to a local drive or a file share.
Note: Download content was created to help you archive your files and list items on a local drive or file share. It is not recommended to use this feature if you want to migrate that content back into SharePoint with the same structure and metadata at a later date.
- Select the site, object, or document you would like to download from the Explorer.
- Click in Quick Actions at the right.
- Select your preferred configuration.
- Click .
- Select your download location.
- Click OK.
- The download will start and you will be brought to the migration report.
- You can click Load More Results in the migration report to see your progress.
Metadata and folder structure
The metadata of the list items and documents is stored in an Excel spreadsheet. The Excel file is created in the top level folder of the list or library at the destination as shown below:
- For a library download
- For a list download
Note: The file properties (i.e. Created, Modified) will not be preserved at the destination. The Current timestamp and user account will be used instead.
Permissions are not preserved.