Here are a few tips to help you with your Box.com migration:
- ShareGate Desktop will not be able to migrate files which have been Locked by an inactive user, those will give errors in the Migration Report. If you wish to migrate those files, you will need to unlock them using your Box Admin Console.
- ShareGate Desktop will not be able to import the documents of an inactive user. To find all your inactive users you can use the Get-BoxUsers command.
- To preserve Tags from your Box environment, name a column Tags at your destination or add an Enterprise Keyword column in your destination list. This way, ShareGate Desktop automatically migrates all Tags to your destination list and creates new Terms for each Tag.
- Box Notes and Bookmarks from Box are not yet supported by ShareGate Desktop and will display an error in the Migration Report when they are encountered during migration. To keep their content, manually copy it into a supported document type such as a Word Document.
- Ensure you have correct user mappings between your Box and Office 365 environments. To ensure the proper behaviour, make sure the email of the user is the same in both your environments.